This course introduces a unique approach to breath work, drawing from both the Buddhist perspective exposed in the Anapanasati suta and from classical pranayama. It includes written instructions as well as guided meditation and pranayama practices.
On this course you will:
- become intimate with your breath, learning to recognise its patterns and observing how it affects both body and mind
- develop better concentration
- use this deeper concentration to further your understanding of the breath and to foster inner peace, tranquillity and balance
- develop a regular pranayama practice that will help you to correct unhelpful breathing patterns and to breathe more freely.
To complete this course, you will need to set aside 30 minutes once a week for the weekly class, as well as 15 to 30 minute at least four times a week for breathwork practice (daily practice is recommended).
To complete this course, you will need to complete the following classes:
- How to sit for meditation or pranayama practice
- Anapana sati (mindfulness of breathing)
- Sama Vritti (equal breath) pranayama
- Visama Vritti pranayama
The first and second classes are available as soon as you enrol, and we encourage you to explore them and practice with them for the first two weeks of the course, after which the next classes will become available, a new one every week. The course therefore takes a minimum of four weeks to complete, but you can take up to a year to complete the course if you feel you need more time to practice before you move on.You can enroll in this course from your student dashboard. You need to be logged in.
If you have any questions about the practice, feel free to ask them using the contact form on the right.