This interactive six weeks online pranayama course is open to yoga teachers who want to include a safe, systematic approach to breath work in their classes. Previous experience of the Sati yoga approach to breath work, such as completion of the online Freeing the breath course or attendance to one of our workshop or retreats would be an advantage, but teachers with some experience of pranayama or meditation are also welcome to apply.
On this course you will learn:
- How to teach Anapanasati (mindfulness of breathing) as a complementary practice to pranayama
- How to introduce your students to the effect of the breath on body and mind
- How to safely teach various breathing ratios
- How to teach pranayama to students of all levels, from beginners to advanced
- A number of classical pranayama practices and their effects on body and mind
To complete this course, you will need to set aside 15 to 20 minute at least five times a week for practice, as well 30 minutes every Wednesday evening (European times) for 6 weeks from the start date to attend the online classes (attending the online class is highly recommended, however, if you miss a class, a recording of it will be available).
The next course is starting on Wednesday 27th of Januaryt at 18.00 GMT0.
To access this course, you must first register on the site. To insure that your level of experience is adequate, you will also have to fill in a short application form. If your application is accepted, we will upgrade your subscription to the site so that you can access the course content, and send you a link to the first online class.
Like most of our online courses, this course is taught on donation.